Timex is one of the oldest watch brands and has lived longer than the rest of us. So, it’s guaranteed that they know what they’re doing because producing high-quality timepieces is their forte.
Of course, there’s nothing more comforting than knowing that the money you earned won’t be put to waste.
Before completely setting my eyes on a particular Timex watch, I like to take my time in researching for the perfect watch that will fit my specifications and criteria.
Now, I’m eyeing on a Timex timepiece. After doing the thing I do best, which is to compare and judge, I have compiled the list of the best Timex watches.
Here are the Best Timex watches for men. I mean, the opposite gender can also wear it if they prefer a masculine-styled watch. You might not find some high-end masterpieces in this list like the Todd Snyder collection, or the Waterbury Classic, but I guarantee the models in this list are the best picks.
Timex Men's Expedition Digital Shock CAT
For a Timex timepiece that has heavy-duty features, the T49612 Trail Series can make your lifestyle more convenient. This might be surprising, but an army even swore by the built-in compass of this watch. Who are we to second guess that, right?
Engineered to make your outdoor activities a lot more manageable, this modern Timex tactical watch consists of a large and lightweight resin case. You can also use its durable resin straps to your convenience. Its compass headings can be found on the watch’s ring.
Furthermore, the hinges and flat buttons complete the rugged theme of the watch.
The watch, Timex T49612 Trail Series, comes at a reasonable price which could be suitable for budget-conscious people. However, the design won't be an issue because of its outstanding features that come in handy. Its round dial has a wide digital display made for easy reading.
ALSO READ: Are Filippo Loreti Watches Worth Buying?
One of its highlights is its durable and reliable compass with bearings based on 16 cardinal points. You could find its compass useful and convenient when you go hiking or spelunking. Its one-hundred-hour chronograph function (check out this guide if you're looking for the best chronograph timepieces), water resistance to 200 meters, and an Indiglo night-light are also noteworthy.
With all these specifications in consideration, the Timex Trail Series could be one of your finest Timex watches ever. You cannot ask for more!
NanaDC Badass Rating: 5/5
- If you're looking for a watch that's not only functional but also looks amazing, the Timex Expedition Trail Series is the perfect choice. The numbers are large, and you can see everything you need to see clearly, even in lower lighting conditions. And the indie glow light just takes it to another level. The watch is a bit thick, but that's because of the compass sensors. The Expedition Trail Series is very comfortable, and I haven't had any issues with it even though I have hairy arms. It's lightweight, fits snugly on my wrist, and the snap keeps it in place. It's a stylish watch that's perfect for everyday use.
- The chronograph, timer, and hydration minder are all great features to have, especially when you're out on an adventure. The watch is tough and durable, and I've banged it against tables and corners multiple times, but there are no scratches or dings on it.
- Plus, the watch is so easy to read, even from a distance. And let's not forget about the built-in compass, which works like a charm. This is the perfect watch for anyone who loves the outdoors and wants a watch that can keep up with them.
NanaDC Sauve Rating: 3/5
- The numbers are big and easy to read, and the lower lighting doesn't affect the visibility at all. Plus, it's got a great look and I've already received compliments on it. This watch is a must-have for anyone who loves adventure and the outdoors.
- 100-hour chronograph function
- Reliable digital compass with 16 cardinal points
- Durable, with resin case
- With Indiglo night light
- Water Resistant up to 200 meters
- Strap might be stiff
- Weak night-light
- Low quality band
Timex T499059J Expedition Field Chronograph
The Timex Expedition has a retro vibe with striking features. Behind its classy look is a sturdy construction that has a lot of favorable features.
Held by a genuine brown leather strap, this watch has an attractive, dark-colored case with its perfect and well-thought of color scheme. Paired with chronograph function, it can measure 1/20th of a second.
Aside from being water resistant to 100 meters, its sturdy and solid built also makes it remarkable.
Timex are known to be loud, and what’s great about this watch is that it’s expertly designed to work silently.
The Timex Expedition also has an interesting design making its external bezel simple-looking. On the other hand, the bezel inside is designed to slope toward the dial and cuts at the hour markings. The architecture of the slope adds depth to the flat surface and allows the night light to reach the cuts. Topped off with an elegant leather strap.
Thus, it is evident that the Timex Expedition provides convenience to its users.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 4/5
- I needed a watch that was both casual and durable for my upcoming summer trips to the beach and hikes. This Timex men's tee for 9905 9j expedition field chronograph fit the bill perfectly. It's water-resistant up to 100 meters, so I can swim with it, go in the pool, go on hikes, and not have to worry about it.
- The chronograph function is a great feature and it even has a date window at the four o'clock position. This watch is both functional and practical.
NanaDC Sauve Rating: 4/5
- The suede-like feel of the leather band on this watch is a nice touch. The aviator-style design of the hands and the charcoal face with khaki numerals and markers make this watch stand out.
- The Indiglo nightlight feature of this watch is a nice touch. It makes it easy to tell the time in the dark, especially when I'm out in the woods. Not every watch has this feature.
- Can measure 1/20th of a second
- Quiet design
- With Indiglo night light
- Low quality leather strap
- Slightly off chronograph hand
- 100 meters water resistance
Timex Weekender Analog Antiqued Olive Canvas Strap Watch
Contrary to the other models on this list, the Weekender is one that showcases a simple and straightforward layout. If you’re after simplicity but is bound with practicality, this watch is ideal for you. With its white dial, and a design that’s gender-neutral, anyone can rock this classic timepiece.
A black dial with readable 24-hour markers and silver tone hour and minute hands make this watch modest yet stylish. It has a metallic silver bezel and case on a black nylon strap which makes it very cozy to wear.
Despite it being basic-looking, it has an Indiglo night light which is also functional and conducive even in the dark.
There is not so much to look at with this watch, and for me, that’s an absolutely good thing since you can wear it anywhere. I’m a fan of timepieces that don’t have a very complicated appearance and color, and the Timex Weekender satisfies that preference.
The Weekender has the perfect combination of functionalism and elegance that most classic digital wristwatches lack. As the name suggests, it is perfect for a very laid-back, well, weekend. You can use this watch for a nice afternoon in the park, or a night out with friends. Although it is water resistant up to 30 meters, it is not advisable to wear it underwater.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 2/5
- I find the Timex Weekender to be my ideal work watch. It's a durable timepiece that can withstand knocks, bumps, and wear-and-tear, and still maintain its functionality. I particularly like its simplistic design, which makes it easy to read and use for everyday purposes.
NanaDC Sauve Rating: 3/5
- I've never owned a watch as comfortable as the Timex Weekender. It's lightweight and fits snugly on my wrist, without feeling too tight or constricting. And the best part? It still manages to look effortlessly chic.
- Simple design with clean cream or white dial
- Indiglo night light
- Relatively lightweight
- Limited functions
- Design may be too basic for a military-inspired watch
- Ticking sound
- Weak water resistance (limited to 30 meters)
Timex Expedition Scout Watch
In addition to the simple category is the Timex Expedition Scout Watch, with a nylon strap instead of leather. Just like the Weekender, the Scout, with its stainless steel case also possesses a very simple yet elegant touch.
However, it may be considered better since you can take it to your occasional adventures. It has a nylon band that complements well with its black case. The nylon strap has a beautiful color which is sturdy but feels comfortable on your wrist.
This military-inspired watch screams minimalism with a classic black dial as a backdrop to the white 24-hour markings.
The design also houses a tiny date window which you can find at the 15-hour position.
Another noticeable feature of this watch is its large coin-edged crown which adds more oomph to its classic look. Each part of the watch is placed and created for easy timekeeping. These components include the luminous minute hands and the Indiglo night light.
The Scout gives great value to your money, and that’s a fact!
NanaDC Badass Rating: 3/5
- This watch is loud, with a ticking sound that can be heard from across the room. But that just adds to its charm and authenticity as a field watch.
- There's no lug overhang, and it fits like a glove, making it a great option for daily wear or outdoor activities
NanaDC Sauve Rating: 4/5
- The gunmetal gray coloring of the brass case gives it a unique and attractive look, with added design details like the arrow second hand and colored date window adding character and flair.
- The expedition logo on the stainless steel case back looks awesome, adding to the watch's rugged and adventurous vibe.
- Classic, minimalist-inspired design
- Large crown
- Clean Dial with white markings
- Stainless Steel Case
- Ticking sound
- Limited functions
- Weak Indiglo night-light
Timex T499509J Expedition Shock XL
If you want to experience greatness and practicality for a watch, the Timex Expedition Shock XL has got your back.
A very sturdy and classic shock-resistant resin composes the body of the Shock XL. Compared to leather strap, resin strap is highly resistant to chemicals and heat. You got nothing to worry about since the resin was engineered to meet the ISO standards.
In addition, the watch is water resistant for up to 200 meters, durable resin case, has a large easy-to-read digital display that can view the time well, and date in one window.
You can simply press the crown-like button if you want to turn on the light.
To justify the Timex Shock XL as your potential finest watch, Timex features a one-of-a-kind alarm on this model. There are three standard alarm options which can be set daily, weekly, during the weekends or occasionally. This is a vibrating alarm feature and it is pretty neat. If its alarm tone is a little weak for you, fret not because its vibrating feature is strong enough. The manufacturers guaranteed that it can wake you up.
This made me realize that a classic watch could be a better alarm clock than our smartphones. Why? This is because we can actually keep it close to us when we sleep. It also lessens our worry about the harmful radiations that smartphones bring.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 4/5
- This watch is designed for outdoor torture tests and looks like a lot of watch for the money. Its robustness and durability are impressive.
- The indiglo is very bright, making it easy to see even in the dark. It's very well lit and adds to the watch's functionality.
NanaDC Sauve Rating: 1/5
- The heavy-duty acrylic protection non-spinning fixed bezel is probably decorative and non-functional, but it adds to the ruggedness of this watch. I can confirm this thing is tough.
- The large control buttons of this watch look impressive, and the lug screw pattern around the bezel adds to its rugged look. It's a stylish accessory for any occasion.
- Vibrating alarm
- Bulky look
- Relatively heavy
- Competitive price
Factors To Consider When Buying A Timex Watch
To make it easy for you and to ensure you have the top watch of your choice, there are a few key points to think through first.
Choosing The Best Style For You
Although the main point of buying a Timex brand of wristwatch is to keep track of time throughout the day, its style matters [R]. It can be a reflection of the individuality and personal style of most people.
With the different styles of timepieces come different features and functions. Luckily, the Timex watches come in a variety of style and color to satisfy that specific need, including tri watches.
Just like any other brand of watch, Timex offers timepieces according to its purpose. So, there’s Timex watches bearing Classic Everyday designs, Dress watches, Adventure and Sport watches.
If you desire a watch that you can use every day, then obviously, you should take a look at Timex’s Everyday watches. Like the Timex Easy Reader model, this watch features a very laid-back design to elaborate colors and watch dials more. They’re lighter but still has the functions you need for your daily routine.
On the other hand, if elegant and luxurious watches are your preferences, then the finest Timex timepiece for you falls under the Dress Watches. They are more suitable for formal engagements. Stainless steel and high-end leather strap, gold numerals, and classy watch faces are prominent in this category. You can find the best automatic dress watch under 500 right here.
Adventure And Sport Watches
Now, if you’re constantly looking for adventure and living the active lifestyle, you can consider the Adventure and Sports Watch from Timex brand. Watches of this type feature field-grade watches designed for rugged outdoor use and is usually water resistant.
The Adventure and Sports Watches are also made to resist shocks and deep waters. Among other types, these watches have the most features which could withstand rough usage and conditions. They are made from materials that are of high quality and durable.
The only difference between an Adventure and a Sports Watch is that the latter is less tolerant to rough conditions compared to the former.
Analog vs. Digital
You also need to consider if an analog or digital watch is for you. Analog watches have Arabic or Roman numerals along with an hour, minute, and second hand. They usually come in a round or rectangular shape.
Digital watches display the time and date straightforwardly and reading it can be done in a glance. In addition, digital watches have more features such as timers, alarms, and even heart rate monitors. The athletic bunch prefers using this kind more.
Features To Consider
Purchasing and choosing your favorite Timex timepiece can be a crucial decision to make, especially if you’re about to splurge your hard-earned money.
You need to make sure that the Timex model has the features you are looking for, though. In other words, getting to know your future watch is a must. It's not just about the color or style, whether it's stainless steel or not. To do this, you can research it on the web—Google is free.
Every Timex men's watch is made differently, so it's not easy to decide which one is the best watch in this brand. This means that if a certain model has a GPS tracker, it does not necessarily mean that this feature is available in other models. Just like how Timex Ironman series has a heart rate monitor, but the Expedition series does not have it.
The wide range of designs from casual to rugged, function, and features of a Timex men's watch guarantees to meet any buyer’s standards and preference.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Your questions about Timex watches, answered.
What is the Best Timex Watch?
The best Timex wristwatch is the Timex Expedition Trail Series. With its heavy-duty and rugged theme packed with incredible features including the 100-hour chronograph and compass, you can definitely say buying one is a perfect deal!
It doesn’t come with a hefty price tag, so it is affordable compared to other brands which have the same features and quality. I’ll also add that it has 200-meter water resistance.
Is Timex a Good Brand for Watches?
Timex is considered a good brand due to many factors. For one, this brand name has been around since the 19th century. Since then, they’re renowned as the brand that offers durable, yet affordable timepieces you can rely on – thanks to their mass production. If you're simply looking for that one watch where you can get an incredible value, Timex is the sole brand that is worth looking.
Is Timex Better than Casio?
Timex and Casio are both excellent brands, especially when we talk about durability, price and value. However, if you want to ask if Timex is a better brand than Casio, it all depends on your lifestyle. If you are adventurous and you spend most of your time outdoors, Casio is definitely better than Timex. However, if you want a straightforward watch that does the job, with all the necessary functionalities you need for everyday life, TIMEX is better.
Is the Timex Weekender a Good Watch?
Yes, Timex Weekender is a good watch, especially the Expedition Field Chronograph. Weekenders are usually affordable, but it’s almost indestructible and remains accurate even after five years of use. You won’t be replacing the batteries up to seven years max. It’s perfect for both casual and outdoors since you can just switch the strap (rubber or leather strap). The only downside is that it’s ticking sound can be loud.
The best Timex model for men that has a military-style is the T49612 Expedition Trail Series. It has amazing features that you could not only use outdoors, but also during your normal day obligations.
The Expedition Trail looks heavy but its lightweight material can make it wearable every day. It is expertly engineered to survive tough situations, so it's expected to last for years. Also, its best feature is the compass with 16 cardinal points.
Every escapade with the Trail Series will be a breeze and you’ll end up wanting more of it.
One of the most recognized watchmakers worldwide, Timex has made its impact through its brilliant timepieces. Their classic designs, all with easy reader attribute, are suited to meet any buyer’s qualifications for over 163 years. Featuring modern styles and great functionality, Timex watches are definitely worthy of your attention (and money).