Casio is one of the top brands in the world that manufactures excellent and tough timepieces, more specifically, its premier G Shock Watch collection. I, for one, can attest to that.
Coming from a family that collects different watches of different brands and model, I can definitely certify that there’s something noteworthy about Casio G-Shock watches. It flaunts the features that make it stand out from the rest.
Nowadays, being in style is not enough. An item’s functionality and ability to do certain things are equally important as its design. You can’t be just a pretty face, right?
This can be related to watches, and an example to this is a G-Shock armed forces watch. To know how good and outstanding these watches are, below are some of the top G Shock military watches with specific features [R].
Impressive G Shock Military Watches
As told by many, G-Shock G100-1BV model is like no other. The thick and strong black resin straps hold the G100-1BV and allow it to rest comfortably on your wrist.
Behind its tough appearance is a lightweight timepiece with the perfect size. Despite its all-black theme, it’s easy to read because the markings, numbers, and labels have good contrasting colors.
With the face set back from the bezel, you are assured that it won’t easily get scratches. The shock-resistant, anti-magnetic, and water-resistant black G100-1BV could easily be one of the premier G-Shock tactical watches to sweep you off your feet.
You can take the G100-1BV to deep waters up to 200 meters.
What I like most about this Casio G-shock watch is that it features digital and analog display. It may, however, take a toll on its battery life. Moreover, its digital screen consists of an auto LED backlight that will help you tell the time, especially when you use it in the dark. You can email the manufacturer to learn more about the specifications of this product.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 4/5
- Despite having a plastic mineral on top of the dial, this G-shock watch has proven its durability and robustness. I've owned this watch for seven years and have used it for hard labor, yet it shows no scratches.
- This G-shock watch is the perfect travel companion because of its ability to track two time zones. Its versatile display allows me to switch between local and home time, and I can easily set the alarm and stopwatch functions for added convenience.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 2/5
- This g-shock watch has a classic and retro design, making it a timeless piece that's easy to replace.
- Cheap price
- Digital and Analog Display
- Water Resistance up to 660 feet
- Auto LED Light
- LED Backlight might be weak
- Minute hand may cover the digital screen
- Low battery life
The G-Shock Black DW9052-1V digital watch series may have a cheap price tag, but to experience its features, it’s far from being cheap. Its rugged and tough appearance comes with a readable backlight display of time and date that also gives very accurate timekeeping.
The black resin straps and bezel with a crystal protected clock face will give you the comfort and durability you are looking for. On its watch face are two separate windows, too.
The first window is meant for the 12, 24 hour time and date while the second one is for countdown timer and stopwatch purposes.
It has an afterglow backlight which makes time viewing a manageable task.
Included on its track record is passing a series of tests like being frozen for 4-hours, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes, and a lot more. No wonder it's the perfect choice for the battalion assigned in Iraq used this watch, and gloriously lived.
The DW9052-1V is the toughest one among other G-shock tactical watch series. I don’t know about you, but I am definitely sold with this model.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 5/5
- I'm confident that I can wear this watch during water sports and other daily activities since it is exceptionally tough and water-resistant.
- I appreciate that this watch offers protection from damage while still providing adequate ventilation to my wrists and hands.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 3/5
- I love the premium touch that the metal pin on the watch's face adds, enhancing its rugged and durable appearance.
- I appreciate that this watch's slim and compact design sets it apart from other G-Shock models while still retaining the brand's signature toughness.
- With daily alarm feature and countdown timer
- Easily read display
- Cheap price
- Water resistance up to 660 feet
- Backlight is energy-consuming
- Small numbers on the digital display
- Might be too small for males
At first glance, you’ll notice the simple design of this model. Despite it lacking the look of a classic athletic watch, it’s definitely an excellent choice for minimalists, and you’ll be surprised as to what this watch can offer.
Unlike the DW9052-1V, they include in this digital watch a single display which means it exhibits larger numbers. This way, you can tell the time easily and instantly, even the day.
The DW5600E-1V features a monochromatic theme, and with its unparalleled straps, it’s now super shock-resistant. It also fits snugly on the wrist.
The crystal fixed on the bezel also makes it scratch-free.
One of the outstanding features about this watch which you'll love is its NASA-approved quality. This means you can wear it any day, anywhere, even to outer space. Besides the outer space, you can safely take it with you to large bodies of water up to 200 meters.
You can also check the left button, which enables you to prevent accidental adjustment of settings. Just by this fact, you can tell that it’s built with only the most durable materials.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 3/5
- The G-Shock's rugged design ensures that it can withstand everyday wear and tear, including scrapes, bumps, and impacts from being worn in tight spaces such as electrical panels or other confined spaces, making it a great choice for anyone who needs a watch that can handle anything.
- This digital watch is capable of syncing its time with the internet or a connected device, such as a phone or a radio signal, ensuring that it always displays the correct time with no lag or errors, making it ideal for anyone who needs to stay on schedule.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 2/5
- This watch boasts a design that is not only functional and reliable but also sleek and stylish, making it a perfect choice for those who prioritize both form and function.
- Simple style
- Thin and modest design
- Water resistance up to 660 feet
- With auto calendar
- Relatively small
- Limited functions
- Alarm might not be loud and good enough
If big and bold styles are your go-to choice when it comes to G-Shock watches, then the GA100-1A1 is an instant winner among the rest of G-shocks.
Its classic military design will make you feel like you’re always on a mission. With its tough black resin body, it is made shock-proof, anti-magnetic, and water resistant to 200 meters.
Masculinity is written all over it with its whopping 51 mm case. It consists of three different round dials on the upper side while two different windows are on the lower side.
Along with a full auto-calendar, it offers world-time function, daylight savings, and so much more, the GA100-1A1 is definitely worthy of the splurge. To add to its features, this heavy duty watch has an analog-display to keep you updated. Featuring a 1/1000 of a second stopwatch function, this watch lets you measure even the slightest difference in time.
Paired with a tachymeter designed for rapid measurements, this watch will not disappoint.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 5/5
- I find the resin strap to be both comfortable and durable, which is important to me.
- I value the extreme durability and toughness of G-Shock watches, as that is their primary purpose.
- While the light could be improved, G-Shock watches generally have 200-meter water resistance, which is a great feature for me.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 3/5
- G-Shock watches have a unique and attractive design that sets them apart from cheap alternatives.
- I love the stealthy and tactical look of G-Shock watches.
- I appreciate the simplicity and good looks of G-Shock watches, as they make it easy for me to tell the time.
- Comes with analog and digital display
- Water Resistance up to 660 feet
- 1/1000 stopwatch function
- World-time feature
- LED light might be weak to read in the dark
- Relatively heavy due to large case
- Masculine design might not be unisex
- Does not fit women's wrist
Among the G-Shocks we include on this list, the Rangeman is the most expensive one. However, its abilities and functions like atomic timekeeping, world-time mode, multi-band 6 technology will make up for every penny you spent.
It’s the most preferred watch by divers, hikers, military personnel, and adventurers.
Its complicated look may intimidate you at first, but fortunately, it’s very easy to use.
The cylindrical buttons offer great operation, and it’s made to be impact resistant. The seal has a high level of protection for the case and every button from any dirt or dust.
Featuring its multi-band 6 atomic timekeeping, and 40-record memory capacity, a solar-powered rechargeable battery ultimately runs its power.
The Rangeman is the most popular and greatest travel companion for people because of its shock-resistant Triple Sensor which includes a digital compass and world-time mode. Considered one of the stellar G-shock service watches, the Rangeman is skillfully engineered to endure the roughest conditions. It boasts of its ability to keep track of your surrounding’s altitude, temperature, direction, and barometric pressure. Hence, every journey and adventure becomes possible and hassle-free.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 5/5
- I appreciate the terrestrial antenna synchronization feature of this watch. Unlike wave set to function, it doesn't need to be set manually, which is a great convenience for me. It's a high-end feature that shows the attention to detail put into this watch.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 0/5
- I can't help but admire the unique design of the sensor cluster input on this watch. It reminds me of a military gas mask, and the steel-like button of the front day adds a touch of ruggedness to the overall look. This watch is sure to catch some attention.
- Appealing design with heavily protected case
- Atomic Timekeeping & World-Time function
- Solar powered rechargeable battery
- Shock-resistant Triple Sensor
- Incredible water resistance
- With altimeter, barometer, and digital compass
- Negative display may make it hard to read
- Needs to use bright source of light
Casio G-Shock History
Behind Casio’s G-Shock Watch success and its worldwide domination is its humble beginning in 1983. Back in the day, Casio manufactured the first watch with its main objectives which were to reach a 10-year battery life, survive a 10-meter drop, and a water resistance of 100 meters. At that time, watches were considered a revolutionary idea.
In addition, Casio G-Shock classic made a name for itself by introducing a line of rugged sports watches.
If you’re like me who wonders what the “G” in “G-Shock” stands for, this should satisfy you. The name G-Shock is short for Gravitational Shock. True to its name, Casio is a master of durability and makes a big deal of the watch’s shock protection. Original G-Shock army watches have a series of 10 layers to protect the inner parts of the timepiece and make it greatly shock-proof.
The original G-Shock defence watches that we consider now as holy grail watches were a product of trial-and-error. The designers went through more than 200 prototypes before developing the right sturdy model. Each watch went through a series of drop tests to prove its durability.
With different models being sold worldwide with various outstanding features, the G-Shock collection is still standing strong even after 30 years.
Worst G-Shock Military Wristwatch - G-Shock 5500
The G-Shock 5500, while known for its durability and functionality, has not escaped criticism from discerning users and aficionados. Here's a list of some less-than-ideal aspects:
- The strap has been noted to fall apart after a few years, and replacements can be hard to find.
- Side buttons, while stylistically fitting, are uncharacteristically tight, which may not be to everyone's liking.
- The upper left button appears to be non-functional at first glance, which might be confusing until you learn its mode-specific functionality.
- The world time function is somewhat basic, lacking the ability to monitor multiple time zones simultaneously.
- The strap's design, though robust, might not appeal to everyone with its bulkier size near the case.
- The backlight system, while automatic, might not be as advanced as some users would prefer due to the lack of solar power technology.
Factors To Consider When Buying A G-Shock Tactical Watch
When making a choice and buying your very own G-Shock brand Military timepiece, you have to make sure that your preference or expectations and its features coincide perfectly. With this mentioned, here are some of the factors and features to remember when purchasing one of your own G-Shock army watch:
Design & Structure
If a watch’s design is the first thing you notice on a watch, the G-Shock watches are one of the most protected watch products available on the market, similar to the top-notch tri watches. The bezel is structured to protect the case and buttons from hitting the surface when you drop the watch.
Along with its design is the band’s urethane resin which makes this military watch a shock absorber. Although the band’s hardness keeps it shock-resistant, you can still wear the timepiece comfortably. Other watches also have metal bands, and these metal bands are scratch-resistant.
Because Casio is big on shock-resistant watches, G-Shocks have a hollow structure for a higher level of shock protection. Each watch is engineered to be super shock-resistant throughout the entire design and some are even solar powered. Casio men's watches often come with a matte black resin band, stainless steel and countdown timer.
Although the bezel is not made of stainless steel, it surrounds the watch case in every direction to shield the face and every button. To protect the inner workings of the watch, you can see its tough cushioning material - crystal oscillator. This way, the effects of impact could be reduced and distortions and mechanical failures are avoided.
Among other things, G Shock has exceptionally high-tech features and even has a moon graph. Some top models have a rechargeable solar battery which comes in handy especially if you use it all the time. Draining the battery will never be a problem because you can just let the watch absorb light, even from the fluorescent light. They are also more accurate than say men's automatic watches under $500. It does not matter if you’re outdoors or not, the watch will still charge its battery in its full capacity until no light is present.
If you’re a traveler and you’re constantly overseas, and in different cities, G-Shock has a Multi-band 6 technology. This Multi-band technology has access to time signals from European and Asian stations. With G-Shock military timepieces, you really don’t have to worry about a thing.
G-Shock also features its Triple Sensor. This will give you real-time readings on the temperature, barometric pressure, and altitude of the current location you are in. If you’re wondering what the third sensor is, it’s a digital compass thermometer. So, if you often go on a hike or explore the woods, this will make a very good travel companion.
One of the things that make G-Shock remarkable is its Triple G Resistance feature. Its first element is that it’s shock-resistant through its case and bezel. The shape and construction of the bezel help you avoid huge damage if ever you drop the watch. The next characteristic of this feature is that it’s vibration-resistant.
Whenever you are experiencing strong vibrations, you just have to protect the watch’s movement and keep your hand stable. To complete the Triple G Resistance, it is also gravity-resistant. It can withstand 15Gs of force which technically means it’s more tolerant than a human body. I mean, how can a watch be stronger than a human being? This just blows my mind.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Questions about the Leading G-Shock Watch answered:
What is the Top Choice G-Shock Watch for the Military?
The top-notch G-Shock Watch for the military is the G-Shock Rangeman. With its sturdy body, Rangeman is made to endure tough conditions and it’s a perfect match for those who are always on the go as it uses solar power to keep the watch running and it also comes with a digital compass.
What is the Finest G-Shock Watch to Buy?
The greatest G-Shock watch to buy is the G-Shock G100-1BV. Although all G-Shock models have superb quality, this one has a lower price. It is lightweight and tough, features an analog display and water resistance for up to 200 meters. Perfect G-shock to use for military men.
What is the Speciality of G-Shock Watches?
The speciality of G-Shock watches is that they are exceptionally durable. There’s a popular saying that goes, “After World War III, only cockroaches and G-Shocks will survive” – it’s maybe funny, but there’s actually a reason why it can stand the test of time.
Aside from the fact that G-shocks are excellent to use for outdoors, military, and sports, even scuba diving, the G-Shock series continues to evolve, and now other models are solar-powered or have long battery life. It also has that distinctive look, in which people can immediately know it’s a G-Shock watch you are wearing.
Is a G-Shock Watch Worth Buying?
All G-Shock watches are absolutely worth buying. Based on the overall value of these watches, the price is always right, and you’ll find yourself using the same watch in the next five years or so due to its excellent durability.
The leading G-Shock military-style watch on this list is the G-Shock G100-1BV. Its overall size is just enough for your comfort. The contrasting colors complement its ergonomic design to make it easy to read, especially with the analog-digital display on its watch face.
Just like other G-shock watches, the G100-1BV is amazingly designed to be shock-resistant, scratch-resistant, anti-magnetic, and water-resistant. Well, it will surely prove its value at an affordable price.
Casio has been distributing its popular world-class watches for 30 years. Getting a top-quality tactical watch from this popular brand will be one of the greatest decisions you will ever make. Some Military G-shocks might be in your budget range while some prices might catch you off guard. Nevertheless, the qualities of the top-quality G-Shock tactical watches are off the charts, that’s for sure!