Golf can be a fun sport to play.
However, if you are a beginner, it may be hard to navigate the different rules and the trajectory of the ball.
You may want a golf watch that can not only tell time but can also help to improve your shot, track yardage, and record data.
Here are the best golf GPS watches you need to consider before heading out to the golf course.
Garmin Approach S62- Best Overall
Over the years, Garmin continues to innovate with the creation of new digital timepieces. The Garmin Approach S62 provides all the golfing essentials at your disposal. Hence, it is the top pick among all the golf watches.
Similar to most Garmin golf watches, it gives you multiple options thanks to the 41,000 full-color CourseView pre-loaded maps. It can help gauge which golf course is the most suitable for you.
- Large 1. 3” easy-to-read color touchscreen display (18% larger than Approach S60) with...
- More than 41, 000 full-color CourseView maps preloaded from around the world
- Virtual Caddie suggests club based on typical distance the golfer hits that club, factors in wind...
The 1.3-inch color touchscreen display is 18 percent larger compared to the Garmin Approach S60.
The Approach S62 can even suggest which golf club best suits your overall play style via the Virtual Caddie. It calculates your average distance, wind speed, and location target.
Uphill and downhill shots can be viewed thanks to the PlaysLike Distance function. Avoiding hazards has never been this easy with the watch's Hazard view.
Expect to master even the toughest golf course once you have purchased the Garmin Approach S62.
- 41,000 full-color CourseView pre-loaded maps
- Easy-to-read 1.3-inch color touchscreen display
- Virtual Caddie
- Features a distance function
- Hazard view
- 11.7 ounces may be heavy on the wrist
Garmin Approach S60 - Best Value
Although it is less updated compared to the Approach S62, the Garmin Approach S60 is a serviceable golf watch that gives you the best value for money.
The S60 puts a premium on long and reliable battery life. It can last for 10 hours while golfing and 10 days while on watch mode. You also get a sunlight-readable touchscreen that has a diameter of 1.2 inches.
- Sleek GPS golf watch that reflects your passion on and off the course. Quick Fit 22 mm watch band...
- Large, 1.2 inches Sunlight-readable color touchscreen display. Available outdoor recreation profiles...
- Quickly gets your location using GPS to Show precise yardages to greens, Hazards and doglegs, on...
The Garmin golf GPS watch comes with additional quick fit bands if you want to change up your style. You can choose between silicone or leather.
Your smartphone can connect with the S60 golf watch if you need to attend to texts, phone calls, and other notifications.
Multiple sensors detect the accuracy of your shot, while AutoShot tracking delivers a post-game analysis of recorded distances and other important golf stats.
- 10-hour battery life
- Quick fit bands
- 1.2-inch touchscreen
- Compatible with smartphone
- Sensors can detect your shot
TecTecTec ULT-G - Best Budget Pick
Besides Garmin, other brands produce high-end golf watches. If you want a golf watch that can save you some dollars, I suggest buying TecTecTec ULT-G, the best budget timepiece.
For starters, it is rare for a golf GPS watch to be under $100. Despite being so, this watch provides you with premium features that other luxury golf watches offer.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED; Measures distances to the front, back and middle of the green. Accurate to...
- NOTHING THAT YOU DON’T NEED; Tired of fumbling for your phone in order to use apps that drain your...
- EASY-TO-USE; Learning to use the ULT-G Watch is very simple. There are only four buttons to navigate...
The design is sleek, minimalist, and classic. Its black wrist band has a lightweight size of 181 grams. Moreover, the golf watch has reliable anti-dust and water-resistant abilities.
Four buttons on the side give you user-friendly vibes. These along with the watch's automatic course recognition help you set up the information needed. As a result, you have an easier time tracking every shot you take.
There are about 38,000 pre-loaded golf courses available worldwide. It also contains superior accuracy rates of plus or minus 1 yard.
Lastly, it comes with a 30-day free trial, a money-back guarantee, and a 1-year warranty.
- Water and dust-resistant wristband
- User-friendly buttons and watch face
- 38,000 pre-programmed golf courses
- Superior Accuracy rate of +/- 1 yard
- 30-day free trial with a money-back guarantee
- 1-year warranty
- Lacks features other golf watches contain
If you are not comfortable wearing GPS wristwatches, there is an alternative handheld version. The SkyCaddie SX400 offers groundbreaking features that give other golf watch brands like Garmin a run for their money.
Let's start by discussing the aesthetically appealing HD touchscreen display. [R] The 4-inch screen presents amazing visuals that depict accurate representations of courses and golf holes.
- 4 inch HD touch screen display with HD course graphics provides a stunning visual experience
- Over 35, 000 preloaded golf courses, ground verified for unmatched accuracy, only from Sky Caddie
- Halve HD course graphics with Integrated Targets, distances to all hazards, carries and layups.
IntelliPath technology measures the required distance of your shot. Other factors like hazards and slopes are also displayed. [R] Why get the measurements manually when the
SkyCaddie golf GPS watch can do it all?
The Big Number mode flashes easy-to-read distances of the green's front, center, and back. You won't need to buy eyeglasses or squint to estimate distance or dimensions.
The GPS watch can also automatically record scores of all 18 holes. Just turn on the auto prompter after every hole, and the SkyCaddie SX400 will do the rest.
- 4-inch HD touchscreen display
- IntelliPath technology
- Big Number mode
- Automatic scorecard
- Shot tracking
- Compatible with USB C-Type cable only
Bushnell Neo Ion 2
Bushnell is no stranger to manufacturing quality golf watches with accurate GPS features. The Neo Ion 2 Golf GPS watch holds its own among other watches on the list.
The GPS timepiece makes use of a sleek and durable design with a reversible watch band. [R]
- Bluetooth Allows for Wireless Course Updates
- Long Battery Life – Play 3 Rounds Before Charging
- Preloaded with 36,000+ Courses in 30 Countries
Every hole is accounted for with its easy-to-read front, center, and back distances. The golf watch contains approximately 30,000 pre-programmed courses all across 30 different countries.
The Bushnell Golf App can be downloaded on your iPhone or Android device. With the help of Bluetooth connectivity, the app keeps you updated with different score tallies and course modifications.
A battery lifespan of 12 hours can last you up to 3 rounds. Additional features like an integrated step counter, round odometer, shot distance calculator, and auto course recognition complete the golf watch.
- Sleek black design with reversible band
- Large front, center, and back readings
- 30,000+ pre-programmed courses
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 12-hour battery lifespan
- Round odometer and shot distance calculator
Garmin Approach S40
The Garmin Approach S40 keeps up with other golf timepieces. If you want to improve tracking your shot and maintaining accurate swings, then this is one of the golf watches to consider.
Like the Approach S62, the S40 contains up to 41,000 pre-loaded courses in the world. You have an array of options with regards to which golf course and conditions best suit your play style and skills.
- Stylish, lightweight GPS golf watch with a sunlight-readable 1. 2” color touchscreen display with...
- Preloaded with more than 41, 000 courses from around the world
- Measures and auto-records detected shot distances; putts are not tracked, and some other shots, such...
The watch design and sleek powder gray band are appropriate for style and occasion. If you need a fashionable timepiece for use outside of the golf course, the Garmin golf GPS watch can also serve as a dress watch.
Segueing back to its golf features, Green View enables manual pin positioning for you to calculate your next shots and putts. It also takes note of external doglegs and hazards outside the golf course.
The Garmin golf timepiece also records the green’s front, center, and back readings.
- 41,000 pre-programmed courses
- Can track steps and hours of sleep
- Multisport profiles
- Sleek watch design
- Green View
- May be difficult to set-up at first
Golf Buddy Aim W10
Another watch brand on the rise is Golf Buddy. It lives up to its brand name by being your companion on the golf course. The Aim W10 GPS timepiece steps up its game to help you enjoy your golfing experience.
Unlike most gold GPS watches, Golf Buddy features Green Undulation, which shows the gradations of slopes. Red represents the highest point, while blue signifies the lowest point.
- Advanced Smart Golf GPS Watch with 1 Extra Black Wristband
- 1. 3” Full colour LCD display with responsive touch screen
- The 10-hour battery life in Golf mode lasts for up to 2 rounds of golf- rechargeable via USB
These give you a more realistic feel of the golf course for a better and a more precise read of the lay of the land. The 1.3 inches full-colored LCD comes with a responsive touchscreen. [R]
The 10-hour battery life can last for about 2 rounds. Through Bluetooth casting, you can connect the GPS watch with the GOLFBUDDY App for automatic course updates.
Other features include a pedometer, digital scoreboard, hazard tracker, pin placement, hole layout, and main menu.
- Green undulation tracks curves of some courses
- 1.3 inch LCD and responsive touchscreen
- 10-hour battery life can last 2 rounds
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Compatible with GOLFBUDDY App
- Pedometer, digital scoreboard, pin placement, etc.
- Small magnets may result in choking; keep away from children
Garmin Approach X10
Golf is a sport that requires laser-focus on every shot you take. External interference from wrist discomfort and distracting designs are the last thing you need.
Therefore, if you need an easy-to-use watch that offers a minimalist design, buy the Garmin Approach X10.
- Simple, intuitive Device that’s all about golf
- Lightweight and comfortable with easy-to-read touchscreen display
- Preloaded with more than 41, 000 courses worldwide. Battery life: up to 12 hours in GPS mode
A monochromatic bolt blue watch strap lets you keep your eyes on the hole. It is also important to note that the watch strap contains a lightweight composition of 1.10 ounces.
The high-resolution touchscreen lets you read important data even if under direct sunlight.
No matter whether you're situated behind inanimate objects like sand or tree trunks, the watch is still capable of displaying the green's front, center, and back distances.
Garmin Express updates the X10 golf watch with new courses every year, adding to the 41,000 pre-programmed maps. The best part is you get these updates at no extra charge.
- Minimalist and sleek design
- Lightweight composition
- Easy-to-read high-resolution touchscreen
- Covers entire green's front, center, and back distances
- Garmin Express adds new courses each year
- 1-inch display size may be too small for some
Izzo Gold Swami 5000 Rangefielder
Izzo is another popular golf watch manufacturer. The Gold Swami 5000 Rangefielder provides functions and features that enhance user experience.
It is a handheld golf watch that gathers up to 38,000 global course maps with no additional downloads or fees. Are you a fan of long-distance shots?
- Distances: F/C/B to greens; layup/carry to hazards & doglegs
- Preloaded 38,000+ global course maps; no annual or download fees
- Auto course recognition & hole-advance
The New Shot Distance Measurement accurately records how far your driver went. You don't need to calculate mentally because this feature does all the solving for you.
The Swami 5000 also contains hazard distances that display the exact distances like ponds, sand traps, out-of-bounds area, etc. Its built-in belt clip lets you strap it to your waist for a hands-free experience.
12-hour battery life and magnetic charger allow you to use the golf timepiece as often as you wish. The scores of each round can be saved and viewed thanks to the scorecard feature.
- 38,000 pre-programmed courses
- New Shot distance measurement calculates the total distance traveled
- Contains hazard trackers
- Built-in belt clip for convenient use
- Long-lasting 12-hour battery life
- Might be too bulky for some
Why Do You Need a Golf Watch With GPS Features?
You wouldn't want to enter the golf course unprepared. Not having a GPS watch will have you feeling empty-handed. All those golf balls and golf clubs won't be put to good use if you keep hitting inaccurate shots.
For beginners, GPS trackers can help you understand the different golfing nuances like yardage of the green's back, center, and front. [R]
Golf GPS watches should come in handy when trying to avoid hazards like puddles, mud, and rough surfaces.
For golf experts and professionals, these timepieces provide you advanced stats like wind speed, comprehensive mapping of various golf courses, and a detailed scoring analysis in all 18 holes.
What Should I Look for in a Golf Watch?
Not all golf GPS watches are built the same. Some golf watches meet the golfer's standards, while others disappoint. These features need to be prioritized when buying a golf watch.
Reliable Battery Life
You must have a golf GPS watch containing a long-lasting battery life. The best golf timepieces are the ones that can last you for around 10 to 15 hours.
The last thing you want is your watch to run out of battery in the middle of the golfing experience.
Convenient And Easy-To-Use Features
When picking a golf GPS watch, pick the one with many features. Handheld golf devices connect with your smartphone for a more detailed overview of the golf course and yardage.
On the other hand, GPS wrist watches like Garmin offer a more lightweight composition that contains around 38,000 to 41,000 pre-loaded maps and health-tracking options. [R]
Regardless of what GPS model you buy, make sure it has bright lighting, a readable LCD, and if possible, touchscreen technology.
These visuals allow you to keep track of your scores and other valuable data. These play a vital role in enhancing your game.
You should also avoid watches that have poor readability in broad daylight since this can be a hassle if you're constantly outdoors.
I hope you enjoyed reading about the best golf GPS watches. Hope this helps you choose the timepiece that will bring out the best golfer in you.
If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to message us for inquiries.
Links, prices, and images were pulled from the Amazon API. Last updated on 2021-01-18.