Golf can be a fun sport to play.
However, if you are a beginner, it may be hard to navigate the different rules and the trajectory of the ball.
You may want a golf watch that can not only tell time but can also help to improve your shot, track yardage, and record data.
Here are the best golf GPS watches you need to consider before heading out to the golf course.
Garmin Approach S62- First Choice
Over the years, Garmin has continued to innovate with the creation of new digital timepieces. The Garmin Approach S62 provides all the golfing essentials at your disposal. Hence, it is the top pick among all the golf wristwatches.
Similar to most Garmin golfer watches, it gives you multiple options thanks to the 41,000 full-color CourseView pre-loaded maps. It can help gauge which golf course is the most suitable for you.
The 1.3-inch color touchscreen display is 18 percent larger compared to the Garmin Approach S60.
The Approach S62 can even suggest which golf club perfectly suits your overall play style via the Virtual Caddie. It calculates your average distance, wind speed, and location target.
Uphill and downhill shots can be viewed thanks to the PlaysLike Distance function. Avoiding hazards has never been this easy with the watch's Hazard view.
Expect to master even the toughest golf course once you have purchased the Garmin Approach S62.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 5/5
- The virtual caddy feature takes into consideration club history, hitting patterns, elevation, and wind, providing me with helpful suggestions to improve my golf game.
- I've found that the activity tracking capabilities of the Garmin Approach S62 surpass those of the Apple watch, allowing me to track my progress more comprehensively.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 3/5
- From the moment I unboxed the Garmin Approach S62, I was struck by its sleek and stylish design. The large, clear screen and bold red button make for an eye-catching and attractive accessory.
- 41,000 full-color CourseView pre-loaded maps
- Easy-to-read 1.3-inch color touchscreen display
- Virtual Caddie
- Features a distance function
- Hazard view
- 11.7 ounces may be heavy on the wrist
Although it is less updated compared to the Approach S62, the Garmin Approach S60 is a serviceable golfing watch that gives you optimal value for money.
The S60 puts a premium on long and reliable battery life. It can last for 10 hours while golfing and 10 days while in watch mode. You also get a sunlight-readable touchscreen that has a diameter of 1.2 inches.
The Garmin golf navigation watch comes with additional quick-fit bands if you want to change up your style. You can choose between silicone or leather.
Your smartphone can connect with the S60 golfing timepiece if you need to attend to texts, phone calls, and other notifications.
Multiple sensors detect the accuracy of your shot, while AutoShot tracking delivers a post-game analysis of recorded distances and other important golf stats.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 4/5
- The large 1.2 inches of sunlight-readable color touchscreen display of this watch is amazing. It has outdoor recreation profiles making it a versatile device for all my outdoor activities.
- With a battery life of up to 10 hours in golf mode and up to 10 days in watch mode, this watch is a reliable companion for all-day golfing sessions. I can focus on my game without worrying about the battery life of my watch.
- The precise distances to each location on the course and plays like the distance feature of this watch is amazing. They adjust yardages to account for uphill and downhill shots, helping me select a stunning club for the situation.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 3/5
- As a golf enthusiast, I love the sleek design of this GPS golf chronometer, which reflects my passion on and off the course. With its advanced features and stylish appearance, it's the perfect companion for my golfing adventures.
- I appreciate the Quick Fit 22 millimeters watch band compatibility of this watch, which allows me to easily switch between different styles without needing any tools. It's a great way to customize my look and express my personality while playing golf.
- 10-hour battery life
- Quick fit bands
- 1.2-inch touchscreen
- Compatible with smartphone
- Sensors can detect your shot
TecTecTec ULT-G - Ultimate Saver's Pick
Besides Garmin, other brands produce high-end golf wristwatches. If you want a golfer's timepiece that can save you some dollars, I suggest buying TecTecTec ULT-G, the ultimate budget timepiece.
For starters, it is rare for a golf GPS-enabled timepiece to be under $100. Despite being so, this watch provides you with premium features that other luxury golf timepieces offer.
The design is sleek, minimalist, and classic. Its black wristband has a lightweight size of 181 grams. Moreover, the golf wristwatch has reliable anti-dust and water-resistant abilities.
Four buttons on the side give you user-friendly vibes. These along with the watch's automatic course recognition help you set up the information needed. As a result, you have an easier time tracking every shot you take.
There are about 38,000 pre-loaded golf courses available worldwide. It also contains superior accuracy rates of plus or minus 1 yard.
Lastly, it comes with a 30-day free trial, a money-back guarantee, and a 1-year warranty.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 3/5
- The watch's sturdy and durable construction make it a great investment for any golfer on a budget who still wants a high-quality device to help them on the course.
- I was blown away by the accuracy of this GPS tracker watch. It provides golfers with reliable and precise distance information, making it a valuable tool on the course.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 3/5
- I've been using this golfing navigator watch for a few rounds now and I must say, I'm impressed. The sleek and minimalist design is perfect for my style, and the lightweight wristband doesn't weigh me down during my swing. Plus, the anti-dust and water-resistant features have come in handy on more than one occasion. If you're in the market for a high-quality golf timepiece, this one is definitely worth considering.
- Water and dust-resistant wristband
- User-friendly buttons and watch face
- 38,000 pre-programmed golf courses
- Superior Accuracy rate of +/- 1 yard
- 30-day free trial with a money-back guarantee
- 1-year warranty
- Lacks features other golf timepieces contain
If you are not comfortable wearing GPS wristwatches, there is an alternative handheld version. The SkyCaddie SX400 offers groundbreaking features that give other golfing watch brands like Garmin a run for their money.
Let's start by discussing the aesthetically appealing HD touchscreen display. [R] The 4-inch screen presents amazing visuals that depict accurate representations of courses and golf holes.
IntelliPath technology measures the required distance of your shot. Other factors like hazards and slopes are also displayed. [R] Why get the measurements manually when the
SkyCaddie golf GPS wristwatch can do it all?
The Big Number mode flashes easy-to-read distances of the green's front, center, and back. You won't need to buy eyeglasses or squint to estimate distance or dimensions.
The Geolocation wristwatch can also automatically record scores of all 18 holes. Just turn on the auto prompter after every hole, and the SkyCaddie SX400 will do the rest.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 4/5
- The device provides me with an abundance of information in real-time, making it the ultimate tool for navigating the golf course.
- The device's sturdy casing gives me the impression that it can withstand accidental drops and bumps.
- I can effortlessly navigate through the device's menus and options, thanks to its highly responsive touchscreen.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 0/5
- I absolutely love the aesthetically appealing HD touchscreen display on this golf GPS device. The 4-inch screen displays crystal-clear visuals that accurately represent courses and golf holes.
- 4-inch HD touchscreen display
- IntelliPath technology
- Big Number mode
- Automatic scorecard
- Shot tracking
- Compatible with USB C-Type cable only
Bushnell Neo Ion 2
Bushnell is no stranger to manufacturing quality golfer's watches with accurate GPS features. The Neo Ion 2 holds its own among other watches on the list.
The GPS timepiece makes use of a sleek and durable design with a reversible watch band. [R]
Every hole is accounted for with its easy-to-read front, center, and back distances. The golf chronometer contains approximately 30,000 pre-programmed courses all across 30 different countries.
The Bushnell Golf App can be downloaded on your iPhone or Android device. With the help of Bluetooth connectivity, the app keeps you updated with different score tallies and course modifications.
A battery lifespan of 12 hours can last you up to 3 rounds. Additional features like an integrated step counter, round odometer, shot distance calculator, and auto course recognition complete the golfing timepiece.
- Sleek black design with reversible band
- Large front, center, and back readings
- 30,000+ pre-programmed courses
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 12-hour battery lifespan
- Round odometer and shot distance calculator
Garmin Approach S40
The Garmin Approach S40 keeps up with other golf timepieces. If you want to improve tracking your shot and maintaining accurate swings, then this is one of the golf wristwatches to consider.
Like the Approach S62, the S40 contains up to 41,000 pre-loaded courses in the world. You have an array of options with regards to which golf course and conditions that perfectly suit your play style and skills.
Besides golf-related data, it tracks daily activities like the number of steps taken and sleeping hours. Built-in multisport profiles let you use the navigation chronometer for jogging, surfing, and diving.
The watch design and sleek powder gray band are appropriate for style and occasion. If you need a fashionable timepiece for use outside of the golf course, the Garmin can also serve as a dress watch.
Segueing back to its golf features, Green View enables manual pin positioning for you to calculate your next shots and putts. It also takes note of external doglegs and hazards outside the golf course.
The Garmin golf timepiece also records the green’s front, center, and back readings.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 4/5
- The watch is waterproof up to 50 meters, making it perfect for golfers who play in any weather conditions.
- The auto shot feature allows the watch to record club distances, giving you a more accurate picture of your game and helping with distance control.
- With access to over 41,000 courses worldwide, this watch ensures you have all the information you need to navigate any golf course.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 3/5
- Despite not being a big fan of watches, I found the S 40 to be incredibly comfortable, thanks to its lightweight design and adjustable straps.
- The ability to switch out the watch straps to match my outfit or activity level was a game-changer and added a touch of personalization to my game.
- 41,000 pre-programmed courses
- Can track steps and hours of sleep
- Multisport profiles
- Sleek watch design
- Green View
- May be difficult to set-up at first
Golf Buddy Aim W10
Another watch brand on the rise is Golf Buddy. It lives up to its brand name by being your companion on the golf course. The Aim W10 GPS timepiece steps up its game to help you enjoy your golfing experience.
Unlike most gold GPS timepieces, Golf Buddy features Green Undulation, which shows the gradations of slopes. Red represents the highest point, while blue signifies the lowest point.
These give you a more realistic feel of the golf course for a better and more precise read of the lay of the land. The 1.3-inch full-colored LCD comes with a responsive touchscreen. [R]
The 10-hour battery life can last for about 2 rounds. Through Bluetooth casting, you can connect the GPS wristwatch to the GOLFBUDDY App for automatic course updates.
Other features include a pedometer, digital scoreboard, hazard tracker, pin placement, hole layout, and main menu.
- Green undulation tracks curves of some courses
- 1.3 inch LCD and responsive touchscreen
- 10-hour battery life can last 2 rounds
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Compatible with GOLFBUDDY App
- Pedometer, digital scoreboard, pin placement, etc.
- Small magnets may result in choking; keep away from children
Garmin Approach X10
Golf is a sport that requires laser-focus on every shot you take. External interference from wrist discomfort and distracting designs are the last thing you need.
Therefore, if you need an easy-to-use watch that offers a minimalist design, buy the Garmin Approach X10.
A monochromatic bolt blue watch strap lets you keep your eyes on the hole. It is also important to note that the watch strap contains a lightweight composition of 1.10 ounces.
The high-resolution touchscreen lets you read important data even if under direct sunlight.
No matter whether you're situated behind inanimate objects like sand or tree trunks, the watch is still capable of displaying the green's front, center, and back distances.
Garmin Express updates the X10 with new courses every year, adding to the 41,000 pre-programmed maps. The nicest part is you get these updates at no extra charge.
NanaDC Badass Rating: 2/5
- The watch comes preloaded with more than 41,000 courses worldwide, making it a comprehensive tool for golfers to plan and execute their games. With its accurate GPS, it allows me to easily navigate each course, ensuring that I never miss a shot.
- The touchscreen display provides detailed information on distances to the front, middle, and back of the green, as well as hazards and doglegs, enabling me to make more informed decisions about my shots.
- With its digital scorecard and tracking capabilities, the watch helps me keep track of my performance during each round. It tracks fairways, greens hit, and putts per round, providing valuable insights into where I need to improve my game.
NanaDC Suave Rating: 4/5
- As an avid golfer, I can confidently say that the Garmin Approach X10 is the perfect choice for anyone who wants a watch that's easy to use and has a minimalist design. Its sleek and simple appearance, coupled with its comfortable strap and lightweight build, make it a must-have accessory for any golfer out on the course.
- Minimalist and sleek design
- Lightweight composition
- Easy-to-read high-resolution touchscreen
- Covers entire green's front, center, and back distances
- Garmin Express adds new courses each year
- 1-inch display size may be too small for some
Izzo Gold Swami 5000 Rangefielder
Izzo is another popular golfer's watch manufacturer. The Gold Swami 5000 Rangefielder provides functions and features that enhance user experience.
It is a handheld golfing watch that gathers up to 38,000 global course maps with no additional downloads or fees. Are you a fan of long-distance shots?
The New Shot Distance Measurement accurately records how far your driver went. You don't need to calculate mentally because this feature does all the solving for you.
The Swami 5000 also contains hazard distances that display the exact distances like ponds, sand traps, out-of-bounds area, etc. Its built-in belt clip lets you strap it to your waist for a hands-free experience.
12-hour battery life and magnetic charger allow you to use the golf timepiece as often as you wish. The scores of each round can be saved and viewed thanks to the scorecard feature.
- 38,000 pre-programmed courses
- New Shot distance measurement calculates the total distance traveled
- Contains hazard trackers
- Built-in belt clip for convenient use
- Long-lasting 12-hour battery life
- Might be too bulky for some
Why Do You Need a Golfer's Watch With GPS Features?
You wouldn't want to enter the golf course unprepared. Not having a GPS timepiece will have you feeling empty-handed. All those golf balls and golf clubs won't be put to good use if you keep hitting inaccurate shots.
For beginners, GPS trackers can help you understand the different golfing nuances like yardage of the green's back, center, and front. [R]
A golf GPS tracker watches should come in handy when trying to avoid hazards like puddles, mud, and rough surfaces.
For golf experts and professionals, these timepieces provide you advanced stats like wind speed, comprehensive mapping of various golf courses, and a detailed scoring analysis in all 18 holes.
What Should I Look for in a Golf Timepiece?
Not all golf GPS wristwatches are built the same. Some golfing watches meet the golfer's standards, while others disappoint. These features need to be prioritized when buying a golfer's wristwatch.
Reliable Battery Life
You must have a golf locator wristwatch containing a long-lasting battery life. The most excellent golf timepieces are the ones that can last you for around 10 to 15 hours.
The last thing you want is for your watch to run out of battery in the middle of the golfing experience.
Convenient And Easy-To-Use Features
When picking a golf GPS timepiece, pick the one with many features. Handheld golf devices connect with your smartphone for a more detailed overview of the golf course and yardage.
On the other hand, GPS wristwatches like Garmin offer a more lightweight composition that contains around 38,000 to 41,000 pre-loaded maps and health-tracking options. [R]
Regardless of what GPS model you buy, make sure it has bright lighting, a readable LCD, and if possible, touchscreen technology.
These visuals allow you to keep track of your scores and other valuable data. These play a vital role in enhancing your game.
You should also avoid watches that have poor readability in broad daylight since this can be a hassle if you're constantly outdoors.
I hope you enjoyed reading about the top-tier golf GPS chronometers. Hope this helps you choose the timepiece that will bring out the amazing golfer in you.
If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to message us for inquiries.